Tomato and Peas Rice with Maggi Masala
- Pressure Cooker / Pan
- 1 glass Basmati Rice soaked in water for 30 -40 minutes
- 1 tbsp Oil / Ghee
- 1 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 1 Tej Patar
- 1/2 inch Dall Cheeni / Cinnamon
- 1 Badi Ilaichee / Black Cardamom
- 2 Laung / Cloves
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 2 pcs Tomato Grind them in the mixer
- 1 cup Peas
- A handful Coriander Leaves
- 1 pouch Maggi Masala
- Salt to taste
- Approx. 2 glasses Water
- Put oil / ghee in the pan. Let it heat for 30 seconds
- Add all the dry spices; cumin seeds, tej patar, Cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and stir them for 5 – 10 seconds
- Add chopped ginger to the above mixture and stir it well till it’s color change to light golden.
- Now add tomato pure and it mix it. Let the mixture dry completely (while mixing do not add extra water, tomatoes have their own water).
- Add peas and coriander leaves and mix everything well.
- Now it’s the time to add our main ingredient; Maggi Masala by @maggiindia . Also add salt to it and stir this well for 3 – 5 minutes
- Add soaked rice to the masala and stir gently for 2 minutes
- Add water and cover the pan. Let it cook for 10 – 12 minutes. Tip: After adding water, taste the salt, if you wish to add more this is the right time.
- Open the cover and your rice are ready. Enjoy them!